While I count myself in the scores of people that enjoy demolition I’d be lying if I didn’t say that it was a breath of fresh air walking into Ken and Elisa’s unfinished basement where there wasn’t a so much as a 2 x 4 that had to be removed. Getting to work from a blank canvas is joy so Sabrina and I decided to do like Bob Ross and create some happiness in it.
- The name Ken and Elisa’s sweet little dog is Cody. He’s a Toy Poodle that they brought here from Hong Kong?
- Ken is a major Raptors fan and everytime he took a work break he’d go and watch the sports channel even though I explicitly said only HGTV when I’m in the house. 😀
- This was a build where I’d do my best to wrap at exactly 5pm because around that time Elisa would start working absolute magic in the kitchen and I would be salivating all over my work if I was still in the house when it happened.
The sexiest aspect of the space: Is clearly the original mural airbrushed onto the wall .
I’m beyond happy with how this project turned out and I know Ken and Elisa are too, after all they essentially increased the functional square footage of their house by not just a third, but an awesome third.
Latest posts by Sebastian Clovis (see all)
- IG: Staircase landings can be very awkward and tight, but this patch work of windows bring in light and make the space feel bigger than it really is - September 23, 2017
- IG: Love how this monochromatic stairwell makes the window view look like art. Masterfully done - September 23, 2017
- IG: Floor to ceiling windows make this staircase feel like they’re floating in the air - September 23, 2017