Designing and building a kitchen in the almighty Home To Win lakefront cottage with Danielle Bryk is about as cool as it gets. She has such a posh, uptown, yet youthful and fun design style and dress code – it fits my preferred aesthetic to a tee.
Together we designed and built a kitchen that has a coastal feel with an appropriate amount of sophistication and whimsy. I’m truly proud of this gut and rebuild, and I think whoever wins this home will love it as much as, if not more than, we do!
Share this Post
- Ambient FFP3100 Polished Chrome Faucet, Franke
- Black Lace Rattan Light, Milly + Eugene
- Metro Pull 320MM CC Matte Black, Berenson
- Bodbyn Kitchen Cabinets, Ikea
- Gesso 12 x 32 Natural White Tile, Ceragres
- Semi-Gloss White 4-1/4 in. x 4-1/4 in. Ceramic Wall Tile, Home Depot
- Dotted Jute Rug – Natural/Ivory, West Elm
- Stanton Pub Stool, Leon’s
- Black Iron, Benjamin Moore
- Cotton Canvas Sketched Drawing Curtains, West Elm
- Legend G4 Insert Series, Valor Fireplaces
- Anatolia Split Face Picasso Travertine Cambria Strips, Home Depot
- Stockton Side Chairs, Leon’s
The Legend G4 Insert Series from Valor Fireplaces is, in my opinion, the cadillac of fire inserts. I like the impressive flame viewing area highlighted by the proportional surround that compliments, not overpowers. No chimney is required with these units as the direct vent exhaust system allows for many different installation opportunities. I like this fireplace so much I would beg to use it in any of my upcoming renovations.
I would love to borrow these Cotton Canvas Sketched Drawing Curtains from West Elm for a renovation I have coming up. They have an interesting, casual print, and they do a great job of adding dimension to any room without being over bearing.
Hands down, with out a doubt my favourite piece of decor in this space are the Black Lace Rattan Pendant Lights from Milly + Eugene. I’m not too manly to say these hand made rattan lights that come in a bell-shape design and woven zig zag detailing are gorgeous. The lights each come with all wiring and are available in small and large sizes. Don’t mind me, I’ll be purchasing both for future install!
If you can’t get this light from Milly + Eugene, then here’s a cool alternative called The Archer Black Pendant light exclusively sold at CB2.
WATCH THE EPISODE